Monday, December 1, 2008

Inadequacy...

So I'm Mary in the Christmas play at church... not a huge role - kind of medium in terms of speaking parts, and I have two solos. I was really excited to do this... but I just feel like I am terrible!! I know that I'm probably not terrible, but I want to be great! I would love to really really be good at acting and singing and so I completely welcome suggestions for how to improve... the problem is, I haven't gotten any direction - at all! Not on things I am doing well or poorly. I left rehearsal kinda dejected last night. I guess no direction means that I'm doing... fine. But who wants to be fine?? Plus when I don't get feedback, I assume I'm doing bad, which throws my confidence down the toilet and then I do worse. Lord, help me!

2 comments:

Noni said...

Erica, I'm sure you do a fabulous job! You have a beautiful voice, and a natural flair for the dramatic :) Pray that God will speak and sing through you and then you won't have to worry about whether or not you're doing well! But I know you are!

Erica said...

thanks for the "exhortation". you are right.