Tuesday, May 19, 2009

...That's what I get for wearing makeup

Ran to target yesterday morning early before my Y class because I desperately needed new workout pants. Seriously, I have one pair that I bought right after I graduated from college that have a few little holes and several bleach stains. The catalyst to finally go out and buy the pants was that I needed to do laundry. Anyways, checked the clearance rack, as I always do when I'm there and I found a really cute shirt for $4.48! Yeah! I'll take that and the so-so black fitness pants that were 30% off. (As opposed to the fabulous $20 ones that never go on sale).

Had a great workout, stopped at the health food store to get some raw cashews and dried fruit, showered while Gibson was napping (score), put on my new shirt and make up and left for piano lessons. I was feeling good.

Gibson played great at my lessons. Toward the beginning of lesson #4 I heard a noise like he was choking, so I looked and....

he was vomitting all over. His incredible precision landed the up-chuck right on the edge of the only rug in a whole house of wood floors. I scooped him up right away and he proceeded to vomit... at least4-5 more heaves all over himself and me as I was trying to keep more puke from getting on these people's floor.

"EW!!!! This is disgusting. Hold it together. You've got to hold it together," I thought every few minutes as I was cleaning it all up. I managed to get through the ordeal without getting sick myself, but ... that's what I get for wearing makeup!

3 comments:

Jenney said...

What does the makeup have to do with it? I'm dumb...cause I don't get that part. I do get the vomiting all over (soooo sorry) and the fabulous sale end of the story :o) You know me though (ok, ok you USED to know me), I never ever ever wear makeup! Unless I am going to a wedding. Then I suck it up.

Megan said...

Well at least you looked really put together, before you were covered with vomit that is. So did you guys have to ride home in the car all vomit covered? I hope Gibson is feeling better!

Erica said...

It's just that I don't wear make up very often, so the one day I actually looked good and felt good I was covered in puke.

I stripped Gibson down, so he went home in just his diaper and I rinsed off most of the vomit and went home with a wet smelly shirt. He didn't get sick at all ... it was just a random puke.