I’m not sure if impulsivity is a word, but impulsiveness didn’t rhyme with epitome.
So yesterday my phone had an unfortunate experience with a sippy cup that was not entirely sealed. Not very sealed at all, it turns out. My phone died. UGH.
I went to the store this morning to buy a new prepaid cell phone for $20. Nothing more expensive than that again for this messy mama.
I got it home and tried to insert the SIM card. “This SIM must be a different shape. I thought they were all the same? Am I doing something wrong? I don’t see anything I could be doing differently.” Again and again I tried. It just wouldn’t happen. My SIM card must be ruined, too. UGH!
Urgency set in…I feel a little panicked when I don’t have a phone. I guess I’ll just have to go buy a prepaid SIM and get a land line. I spent all afternoon researching options because I need something…NOW. Qwest had a great deal, but something went awry with my computer like three times and I had to re-type my info, etc. So that took up Gibson’s nap time, plus. And you know what a precious commodity nap time is!
After my new landline was finally ordered, I went to clean up the packaging from the new cell. I began to look at the writing on the box. Included: SIM card. “OH, I’ll try to put this in that way I can have a line out if I need it.” I had the same problems as I did with my original SIM. “I must be missing something!” (Yes, Detective Holmes.) So, I got out the directions. “Blast these tiny pictures and vague instructions! This is no help.” I fiddled and fiddled a little more. “OOoh!....oops” It worked. “Hmm… wonder if my original SIM is going to work?” Yep. “Hmm. Wonder if qwest will let me cancel my order? OH _ _ _ _. I just wasted my whole afternoon being completely counterproductive!"
This is quitessential Erica though… make a move before you have all the facts and explore all options. I totally thought I did though. I swear I am direct descendant of Lucy Ricardo. They could’ve made the show about me; except for I’m not nearly as funny.
And in real time… what’s burning? Oh no… my beans! I just added water! OH!
These are but light and momentary trials.
What I'm Into (November 2015)
10 years ago
1 comment:
Funny story. I really enjoy reading these. Love, Rhonda
Post a Comment